Friday, June 12, 2015

I'd Like to Buy a Vowel, Please





Okay.  Two days  have passed, and I have not posted.  Yes, I thought about posting, but then time just escaped me.  I have been very busy trying to work on this business of mine.  I am grateful for the time I have to focus entirely on this new adventure, but yes, in the back of my mind I am thinking..."what in the world was I thinking?  This is hard!"  Regardless, I have learned a great deal in just one week.

Each day, I take 45 minutes to an hour to read.  This week I am reading Now Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham & Donald Clifton.  One of the exercises in the book is to take a Strength Builder test on Gallup's website which I did yesterday.  The test took about 30 minutes.  The test consisted of two sentences, and I indicated which sentence more closely described me or my way thinking.

My results were the following, and please note that all but one characteristic started with a vowel which was the reason for the title of this blog:

I = Individualization
C = Connectedness
A = Achiever
E = Empathy
I= Ideation

As I read over the definitions of each one, I kept saying to myself...wow...that is exactly how I think.  

Now to be fair, the test was based on my perception of myself, and I could not help but think the results may be different if someone close to me took a test about me.  So, I asked some of my closest friends and family to share what they thought are my three best qualities or strengths.  To my amazement, the words they used to describe me fell into each of the Strength Builder category results above.  So, maybe the test is accurate.

Now that I know my strengths, I am about to find out how to utilize them in my business.  I also look forward to learning more.

If you have take then Gallop Strength Builder test or if you have read Now Discover Your Strengths, please feel free to leave a comment below.  I would like to hear your thoughts about the test or book and what you have learned.  

Have a great weekend.

Image courtesy of imgfave.com

No comments:

Post a Comment