Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Insanity

More than a handful of years ago, I was probably in the best shape of my life.  I worked out five to six days per week at the gym.  I used various exercise video series when I could not get to the gym, and I attended a few yoga classes from time to time.  Then, I had a significant life change, and I fell off the fitness bandwagon. 

With the onset of my new business venture, I decided it was time to get back into shape.  I figure if my body is in shape, then it will surely help my mind, as well.

So yesterday I started the Insanity exercise Series.  I completed the Fit Test, and yes my results were rather dismal.  However, I am hopeful in two weeks when I complete the Fit Test again that the results will be a bit better.  Overall, I felt pretty good yesterday.

This morning I woke up a little sore.  I did the first video in the series, and quite frankly it kicked my behind.  Nevertheless, I felt pretty good about myself because I did it.  By mid-afternoon, I REALLY felt it.  My muscles started getting tight and sore, and with each hour, my body is letting me know that it has been a very long time since I exercised. 

I vaguely recall when I was fit that I had oodles of energy, but today I must admit I feel tired.  I am hoping this will change as my body adjusts to the new exercise routine. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment